Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2008 20:31:35 -0600
From:      Jeff Molofee <nehe@telus.net>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Crashing

Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else, I did search the lists,
but was not able to find a solution to my problem.

Nvidia Card w/ Nvidia Driver
Gnome 2.22 (fresh install)
FreeBSD NeHe.xxx 7.0-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 24 19:59:52
UTC 2008     root@logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

Generic Kernel, no changes or additional software, other than Gnome and
dependencies.

I am not positive, but it seems that every time I enable compositing
(either through gnome or using compiz), pressing ALT-F2, or trying to
add an application to the panel results in gnome-panel crashing a
horrible death (then restarting).

I do not see any error messages in my logs, and I am not 100% certain
compositing is the problem.  Right now I have compositing off, and
everything seems to be fine.

My system was running fine on Gnome 2.20.  My upgrade went without a hitch.