Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 23:21:08 -0600
From:      russ@ism.net (Russ Pagenkopf)
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   help with new motherboard

Feedback please, I'm getting desperate.

Equipment

Intel Atlantis Pentium 100 motherboard
32 meg RAM
Buslogic 545c
3Com 3C509B ethernet card
Mitsumi 4X cd-rom

The problem:

Using either the boot.flp or the atapi.flp disk the install will go through
uncompressing the kernel, go to bold white with CPU:, start probing and
gets to (I think, the bloody thing goes too fast to keep up) probing the
ISA bus, resets and locks up (clears the screen and freezes, puts the
monitor in energy-saving mode, only a power off/on or reset will bring it
back).

In desperation I've pulled the Buslogic Card, the 3Com, the CD-ROM, it's
down to just the floppy and no joy, same thing everytime. Am I screwed?

TIA
rus

ps. no conflicts that I can find, besides pulling stuff should eliminate
that, and yes it all works fine in DOS :-(

Russ Pagenkopf (russ@ism.net)