Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 2010 09:29:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Aleksey Ovcharenko <aleksey.ovcharenko@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-xen@freebsd.org" <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>, pjd@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/EC2 lives!

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Aleksey Ovcharenko wrote:

> Any plans of using ZFS there?

I don't know about Amazon's live disk resizing policy, but at least in our
local Xen deployment of FreeBSD at Cambridge, ZFS seems like the sensible
thing so that we can do live disk resizing during provision of VMs through
cloning.  There are some missing features in GEOM to notify up the stack that
a non-destructive resize has taken place, unfortunately.  Pawel CC'd on the
principle that he might take an interest in helping :-).

(I've also given Kirk a ping about live resize for UFS -- it's an increasingly
obvious missing feature that will force us, despite concerns about memory
overhead, to use ZFS in virtual configurations here).

Robert