Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 2003 23:08:31 -0500 (EST)
From:      Ron Sweeney <sween@modelm.org>
To:        shawn <shawn@guillemette.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MRTG and SNMP

Shawn,

I would steer you toward looking at cricket, its far more robust, and
cricket config files for Net SNMP (which will provide CPU right off the
bat) already exist in the examples directory.

Cricket is fairly straight forward and easier to manage once it has been
setup.

its in ports too, but you need to do some configuration once it has been
loaded.

http://cricket.sourceforge.net/support/doc/beginner.html

Cricket uses MRTG by the way.