Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:53:06 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Jon Chester <jonchester@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Connecting to Verizon with FreeBSD (was: hey)

On 2002-04-13 02:23, Jon Chester wrote:
> I wanna contribute to FreeBSD but,  I don't know how to set up the
> internet under freeBSD,  I have verizon in LA  what settings should
> i know to be able to set it up easily.

This is a question that should be asked in the "FreeBSD questions"
list.  I'm redirecting the reply to <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>.
Please keep that in the Cc: list instead of freebsd-hackers.

FreeBSD can connect to ISPs in a variety of ways.  What is your ISPs
connect method?  Some use PPP over dialup links.  Others have to use
PPP over some sort of DSL.  What is your Internet connection using?

I'm not sure what Internet connection types Verizon supports, but if
someone else on freebsd-questions uses Verizon, I'm sure it will be a
breeze to get help.

- Giorgos