Date:      Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:12:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      "James D. Butt" <jbutt@mwci.net>
To:        Spork The Polymorphic <sporkl@dti.net>
Cc:        "Freebsd Q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4GB SCSI disk

> 	I have a 4GB SCSI disk, on an adaptec 2940UW controller, brand new Dell
> Dimension D300 MHZ machine. I have read parts of the online
> documentation, and I'd like to know how to tell if I have extended
> translation turned on, and can mount my kernel anywhere on the disk, or
> if it needs to be below 1024. I'm not back on the list yet, so please
> respond directly.

Go in to the SCSI BIOS Setup setup and look at the SCSI devices it is one
of the options if I remember right.

  James D. Butt 'J.D.'
  Network Engineer                                   Voice 319-557-8463
  Network Operations Center                          Fax   319-557-9771
  MidWest Communications, Inc.                       Pager 319-557-6347
  241 Main St.                                          noc@mwci.net
  Dubuque, IA  52001                                   jbutt@mwci.net
Drive defensively.  Buy a tank.