Date:      Sun, 1 Dec 1996 12:09:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jeremy Sigmon <jsigmon@www.hsc.wvu.edu>
To:        Lanny Baron <lannyb@cybertouch.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't boot after successful install

>   Hello,
>
>  Can someone tell me why after installing FreeBSD on my third hard
> drive (IDE), upon rebooting the prompts are F1 and F2, F2 being the
> BSD drive, the system goes to "BOOT" and stops and then reboots with
> the above coming up all the time.
>
>  I have tried reinstalling BSD about 30 times and can't figure out
> what it is I am doing wrong.

One thing which might help is if you clear out all the old booteasy boot
records before you try and install freebsd again.
For dos/win you would boot into dos and use the following
FDISK /MBR
do this on all of your drives (I think..)
this will write a new clean master boot record to the HD.
I think you have installed booteasy on a drive which already has it
installed which has bitten me before.

Jeremy