Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 97 10:42:15 PDT
From:      "Craig Beasland" <netnology@psinet.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IX0 - ethernet card

Hi there,

I have just finished downloading and installing freebsd v2.2.2.  I have used 2.0.5 until recently, but some of the new packages don't seem to run correctly on the old system, so i though maybe an update was in order.  However, since installing 2.2.2, my intel ether express 16 ethernet card does not work.  I can not get the system to probe it.  I have tried enabling all the networking devices, disabling all network devices - no mention of the ix0 card there though.  I even tried looking in the LINT file (for configuring the kernel), but could find no mention of the card there.  Can someone please tell me how to get this card wroking - I cannot believe that they would remove support for this card.

Regards
Craig Beasland