Date:      Sun, 22 Jul 2001 16:28:34 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@gargoyle.apana.org.au>
To:        "Silakhdar Krikeb" <Silakhdar.Krikeb@uab.ericsson.se>, <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   =?iso-8859-1?Q?Re:_FreeBSD_installation_f=F6r_a_newbie?=

The experts probably regard this as a "technical" question that would be
better posted to the questions rather than the newbies list.

Personally I've always regarded multi-O/S boot managers as evil ... a far
more straightforward solution is to use a totally separate hard drive for
each
operating system. As long as you don't have messy boot sector stuff,
FreeBSD doesn't appear to be particularly concerned about hard drive size.
eg I've got a few old Digital Venturis / Celebris systems with BIOS that
identified 4 & 8 Gb drives as 99Mb, but most of them find the correct
amount of space during installation.