Date:      Thu, 4 Oct 2001 00:27:31 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   staroffice-de-6.0-beta port (on CURRENT)

Hi,

I tried to setup an early 6.0 port  and it seems not to be
an easy job to get it running. At the moment it is broken.

If someone has already downloaded the english version, I need the
md5 checksum of this 129MB file, so I can add a english port.
At the moment only a german one exists.

The main installation works so far, a user install works 90% then
it segfaults. If I try to start the soffice.bin itself, one thread of it
does just poll()s and getpid()s and uses 100% cpu.

It would be great if I get some help and people try this out.

To run the install, you'll need:

1.)	Recent CURRENT
2.)	linux_base-7 port, available from
3.)	Run the installation
4.)	See how it segfaults or hangs ;(

I have seen some other things: Netscape and many other Linux apps
are linked against libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2, and this lib does not
exist anymore in the linux_base-7 of Marcel. Is this library missing,
or can't we install it cause it generates conflicts ?

Martin

Martin Blapp, mb@imp.ch