Date:      Fri, 12 Dec 2003 22:37:14 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Alex Dupre <sysadmin@alexdupre.com>
Subject:   Re: docs/60167: [Maintainer Update] Italian Documentation

--==_Exmh_-1437624428P

If memory serves me right, "Simon L. Nielsen" wrote:

> On 2003.12.13 01:42:24 +0100, Alex Dupre wrote:
> > Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> >=20
> > >I just tried and I get the same error as Marc.  In your log you only
> > >delete doc/it_IT.ISO8859-15/.  Are you sure you don't have something in
> > >doc/share that's not in the patch ?
> >=20
> > I deleted the share folder and repeated the build cycle....same result,=
> =20
> > it works flawlessy.
>
> Problem found... patch(1) has to be run with the '-p0' parameter,
> otherwise it will not do the right thing (it seems it patches files in
> the wrong directories).  With '-p0' it builds for me.

Confirmed here.  The next problem...I thought I'd try to commit this
before tagging doc/ for 5.2-RELEASE (I know you asked doceng@ about it,
but I figured, based on the timestamps in your email, you probably went
to sleep or something).  CVS said:

-----

chapter.sgml - GRRR!!  You spammed your copy of the file
    which was based upon version 1.3, with a different version based
    upon 1.2.  Please move your 'doc/it_IT.ISO8859-15/books/handbook/vinum/chapter.sgml' out of the way,
    perform an update to get the current version, and then
    CAREFULLY merge your changes into that file.

commit_prep.pl failed!
cvs server: Pre-commit check failed
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvslp16UY

-----

Alex, can you lend some insight here?  CVS is correct, in that the
$FreeBSD$ in the file indicates version 1.2, but 1.3 is current.  I
believe I can blow away the expansion of $FreeBSD$ and do the commit,
and CVS will re-expand this keyword correctly, but I want to make sure
there wasn't anything out-of-the-ordinary with this file first.

I'm going to tag doc/ anyways, and if this issue gets resolved
reasonably soon (like say, this weekend), and I can still build it_IT
after the patch, I can slide the tags forward on the affected files to
make sure they get into the release set.

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1437624428P

--==_Exmh_-1437624428P--