Date:      Wed, 05 Jul 2006 09:15:56 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        phk@phk.freebsd.dk
Cc:        yar@comp.chem.msu.su, arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SET, CLR, ISSET in types.h for _KERNEL builds

In message: <28872.1151526546@critter.freebsd.dk>
            "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
: In message <20060628150227.R75801@fledge.watson.org>, "Andrew R. Reiter" writes
: :
: >
: >I apologize for top posting, but I lost the email that I think my
: >point/question pertains to.
: >
: >Part of this seems to be for compatibility / merging from drivers of other
: >OSes, no?  If I am wrong, ignore me :-).  If this is the case, would it be
: >better to create some common other area for things of this nature so that
: >it suffices to allow builds, but does not infect other areas of our own
: >code base?
:
: That's what I proposed too:  #include <sys/netbsd_compat.h>

This is even lamer.  It makes no sense to invent a stupid place for a
compatibility define.  Might as well put the definition of NULL in
limits.h.

I'm killing this idea because people hate it.

Warner