Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:29:09 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@eos.ocn.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   NFS problem?

Hi,

 I experienced an NFS problem between an i386 box and a sparc64 box.
 The i386 box that is running 5-CURRENT as of Mar 7 acts as an NFS server,
 and the sparc64 box that is running 5-CURRENT as of Mar 5 acts
 as an NFS client.  The problem is that the server is locked up
 under heavy loads such as doing make release.  Once locked,
 it is not responsive to outcoming ssh connection request and so on,
 and I had to reboot the box...

 A friend of mine told me in an i386(server)<->i386(client) case
 it was OK under heavy loads, and I confirmed that in an
 i386(server, 4-STABLE)<->sparc64(client, 5-CURRENT) case it also worked fine.
 As far as I can check, the problem seems to happen in an
 i386(server, 5-CURRENT)<->sparc64(client, 5-CURRENT) case only.

 I don't know what is the trigger, but did anyone experience
 the same problem?