Date:      Sat, 08 Feb 2003 01:14:14 -0500
From:      northern snowfall <dbailey27@ameritech.net>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm-dated-1045115547.7d50c4@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, matrix@altima.net
Subject:   Re: languages

>You're being redundant.

Oh. Thanks for clearing that up.

>Seriously, this is just idle speculation until the OP bothers to tell
>us what he intends to use the knowledge for.

Absolutely, which is why I am entitled to my opinion =) My opinion
reflects my
interests in computer science and doesn't negate another individual's
worth when
learning their facet of the science itself. There is no reason to be
defensive. I could
argue that your languages are redundant in their scope as well. Its all
relative to
what we desire to learn. I desire to learn Operating System design.
Architecture
specific code. Portability, etc. Therefore, C asm and Java are hardly
redundant.
If someone posts a languages question to a mailing list about an
Operating System
(not a www mailing list or a XML mailing list or an OOB mailing list...)
I have
to _assume_ they are talking relative to the topic of the mailing list.
Even if they
aren't, I still have a right to state thoughts. Don't you think? =)
Don

"dead cat in a top hat..."