Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:03:46 +0100
From:      "Emanuele A. Bagnaschi" <zephyrus.271@gmail.com>
To:        Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Problematic network performance with Marvell 8072 on HP Probook 4710s

--wRRV7LY7NUeQGEoC

On 12:55 Sun 24 Jan     , Pyun YongHyeon wrote:
> Last time I checked ttcp, it was broken with threading. So you have
> to build ttcp without threading support or use netperf to check
> performance numbers.

That's bad, this evening I will try with netperf.

> It seems you have Yukon Extreme controller and its revision is B0
> which is known to have various silicon bug. How about disabling TX=20
> related offloading?(e.g. ifconfig msk0 -txcsum -tso) Does that make
> any difference?

It seems that there are no differences.

> Given that high rates of silicon bug of Yukon having a detailed
> errata information would be great help to analyze the issue. But we
> still have no access to the information as well as datasheet.

And I bet that there's no specific release date for that information,
isn't there?

Should I take a look at the other BDSs (or even Linux) to check, for
example, if they use specific workarounds for my NIC? Actually=20
I am sure that on Linux it works. Would be any problems with the GPL2 in th=
is
case?

Best regards
--=20