Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:31:53 +1100
From:      Andrew Reilly <andrew-freebsd@areilly.bpc-users.org>
To:        Jens Fallesen <jens@fallesen.dk>
Cc:        Vivek Khera <vivek@khera.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: any success with new sun "M2" product variant for X4100 and X2100

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 10:45:15PM +0100, Jens Fallesen wrote:
> The primary NICs are Broadcom, the secondary ones are Nvidia as part of
> the chipset (FreeBSD does not recognise those).

I've been running the "nfe" driver with the "ciphy" patch for probably greater
than six months on my NVidia nForce4-based Athlon X2 system.  I don't understand
why it hasn't been rolled into -stable yet.  Admittedly I haven't tested nve for
a while, but the comment above doesn't instill confidence.  Without the ciphy
patch none of the drivers even detect carrier, which means that the base system
still doesn't include those bits...

Cheers,

--
Andrew