Date:      Mon, 29 Mar 1999 11:12:06 -0500
From:      "J. W. Ballantine" <jwb@homer.att.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp and worldnet as ISP

I have worldnet as my ISP and I'm trying to use PPP to connect to the
net.  When I was running the 2.2 branch, I was able to get it running
using the direction on www.wurd.com.  However, after I loaded 3.1-RELEASE
on to the system, I haven't been able to connect with anything,
tried cvsup, ping, and traceroute.  I checked the ppp.log and couldn't find
anything that appeared to be a problem.

BTW, I am able to connect to my work location with not problem, so it appears
to be something in the way I need to connect to WN. ppp.conf parts attached.

Any thought/ideas on how to connect to WN with 3.1-RELEASE.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

------------------------------

default:
 set device /dev/cuaa1
 set speed 115200
 set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
 deny lqr
 allow user jwb
 set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATS10=20 OK AT&F2 \"\"
AT OK-AT-OK ATE1Q0 OK \\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"

worldnet:
 set phone 8248999
 accept chap
 deny pap
 set authname {WN.account.id}
 set authkey {WN.passed}
 set login "TIMEOUT 5 n-on:--n-on: {WN.account.id}
 set timeout 0
 set openmode active
 set ifaddr 0 204.127.129.1/0
 add 0 0 204.127.129.1/0