Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 15:40:50 -0500
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>
To:        Claude Buisson <ubc@paris.framatome.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to make a release ?

Claude Buisson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just upgraded my 2.2.2-RELEASE test machine to 2.2.6-STABLE with
> no problem, and tried to make a release to upgrade other machines
> via ftp.

You might also contemplate mounting /usr/src /usr/obj and do a make
installworld.

I just make a new kernel, which I assume that you did after your make
world.
# cd /usr/src/release
# make release CHROOTDIR=/var/ftp/release CVSROOT=/home/ncvs \
RELEASETAG=RELENG_2_2 BUILDNAME=FreeBSD_2.2.6 > /tmp/mr2_2.log 2>&1 &

I then go on my merry way or add a tail -f /tmp/mr2_2.log if I want to
worry:-)  I very seldom have a problem.  Of course I'm pretty sure
that the comand line variables can be environment variables.

ed