Date:      Tue, 5 May 2009 08:17:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@casselton.net>
To:        tinguely@casselton.net, venkiece2005@gmail.com
Cc:        channa.kad@gmail.com, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strncmp issue

>  I have tested strncmp("abcdefg", "abcdefh", 6) without beq   2f.
>  It returns zero not -1.
>
>  I have checked with conditional assembler but not normal assembler.
>  The beq 2f  is required for normal assembler.
>  Right/Wrong?

Yes, the compiler with FreeBSD-current needs the "beq 2f".

Can can one do 2 unconditional "cmp" in sequence without losing the condition
codes of the first "cmp"?

I am sure this is becoming a 'bikeshed' topic. I built way more than my
share of the shed. So, as long as it works, I will be happy.

--Mark.