Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 19:07:28 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        julian@whistle.com (Julian Elischer)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Soft update code looking very stable

> After a lot of heavy testing in the last five days, And the discovery
> of a mis-commit in the -current tree, It appears that the
> soft-update code is stable enough for wider testing.

Is it suppose to work on SMP also? I got a panic when I tried it during
make buildworld. Once when it tried to install make and the other time
a little further on. The message was:

panic: softdep_fsync: pending ops
mp_lock = 0000001 cpuid = 0 lapic.id = 01000000

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za