Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 12:18:13 -0600
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Zbyn=C4=9Bk_Burget?= <zburget@miastudio.cz>
Cc:        atamaniuk-ports@frobs.net
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: lilypond-2.2.2

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 08:48:19 +0100, Zbyn=C4=9Bk Burget <zburget@miastudio.c=
z> wrote:
> Hi,
> I've a question - how is it with work on lilypond port for FreeBSD?
> In t port collection are broken versions of lilypond (and correction for
> version 2.2.2 is very simply)
> Development version of lilypond is "scheduled to be removed on
> 2005-02-18 if it is still broken at that time, and a fix has not been
> submitted to GNATS"
> From  November 2004 exists new stable version of lilypond, but isn't in
> port collection...
>=20
> Lilypond is best software for music typesetting and FreeBSD is best OS.
>=20
> Can I someway help with porting of new versions of lilypond?
>=20
It looks like the current maintainer last updated these ports 8 months ago.

So go ahead and download the current version. Modify lilypond port to
use the latest version (2.4.4), and then submit a diff file with the
changes using send-pr. Also, send a message to the maintainer with the
PR number.  If after several weeks he hasn't responded, ask here again
to have a comitter comit the PR for the port due to maintainer timeout
(you could also ask at that time to take over maintainer ship).

You could also resurrect the lilypond-devel port, by updating it to
2.5.12, and then sending a gzipped tar file of the port in another PR.

Scot