Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 2004 20:29:33 +0200
From:      "Bartek Stalewski" <werbat@rpg.pl>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with soundcard.

Hello,
after mailing with Alexander Leidinger, He suggested me to mail You.
I have big problem with my sound card, it's working correctly with
'standard'
software (xmms, mpg123, mplayer etc.) but when using for example net/skype
or
audio/teamspeak_client port I can't hear anything and the error message is
on the
console:
pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
Also, I can't use audio/play port, with error:
--- pasted ---
root@miskatonic:/usr/ports/audio/play# play
/usr/X11R6/share/psi/sound/online.wav
play: /dev/dsp: Operation not supported by device
--- pasted ---

Tried to use patch from:
http://forum.skype.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=4430
but still nothing.

I'm using FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p9, it's my sndstat:
--- pasted ---
root@miskatonic:~# cat /dev/sndstat
FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm)
Installed devices:
pcm0: <SiS 7012> at io 0xdc00, 0xd800 irq 11 bufsz 16384 (1p/1r/0v
channels duplex default)
--- pasted ---

Any ideas, what could I do to make the card working correctly?

Regards,
   Bartek

--
Bartek Stalewski // werbat@rpg.pl