Date:      Tue, 17 Jun 1997 17:02:56 -0700
From:      Ross Wheeler <rossw@albury.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   8 port serial card support (Arnet)

HELP!

Hi, I'm a user of FreeBSD 2.x (several 2.0, 2.1 systems, and now three
new 2.2.1 systems), and have just
purchased a locally-made (Australian) 8-port modem card. They claim it
is compatible with an "Arnet" 8-port
serial card. I've looked at the FAQ and searched the FreeBSD DOCs, it's
indicated as being supported, but I
don't know how to go about it. Can you please suggest where I can look,
which man page(s) are appropriate!

It would be wonderful if you could say "add the line xxxx xxx xx xxx
xxxx to the config file and re-compile"!
I don't know what IO base I should be using, or what interrupt is
expected by default.

Any assistance you can provide will be appreciated, as I'm not a unix
guru (yet, but I keep reading).
My problem at this time is that I don't have time to play.... this box
is supposed to be in and running
at a site I won't have access to again for months, and my time runs out
in a couple of days.

Many thanks,
Ross Wheeler