Date:      Sat, 9 Oct 2004 20:04:22 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Eirik_=D8verby?= <ltning@anduin.net>
Subject:   Re: NO_YP_LIBC breaks 5.3-BETA buildworld

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004, Eirik =D8verby wrote:

Hi,

> > I will post a patch for current and RELENG_5 here resp. on stable@ once
> > I have verified everything works well. I will also update bin/68303
> > at that time.
>
> If you need help testing I can put this beast into a production-like
> environment in no time.

will let you know.

> > You will not find this feature in 5.3 but the upcoming patch for
> > RELENG_5 should help and should be available around release time.
>
> This is the only piece of bad news I see in your reply. Does that mean
> I'll have to keep applying patches every time I want to upgrade my 5.3
> (and 4.x) systems, with the risk that it stops working at some point -
> and no updated patch is immediately available?
> Or does it mean it will go into the RELENG_5 tree after 5.3-RELEASE
> (which is perfectly OK obviously)?

I will never backport it to RELENG_4. I will port it to RELENG_5 and we
will see if I may commit it there. If this will be ok it will go into
RELENG_5 somewhen after release of 5.3 and after some weeks of testing
in current.

--=20
Greetings
Bjoern A. Zeeb=09=09=09=09bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT