Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 20:07:26 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@home.com>, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Timidity++ with Soundfonts -- Awesome!

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 05:59:05PM +0200, Andreas Klemm wrote:
> What exactly did you do ? Which FreeBSD ports are necessary ?
> What patch files do you use and how's your timidity.cfg ?

Finally found some links which helped...

Are there some recommended commandline options to use ?
After about 20 seconds the output of my midifuli sounds
ugly. Is a Dual PPro 200 not powerful enough ?

Tried different comandline options ...
-q helped a lot but this is still not satisfactory...

rtprio 1 timidity -A 400 -S 8000000 -q 20/100 somefile.mid

--
Andreas Klemm                               http://people.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
                                     http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html