Date:      Thu, 05 May 2005 02:37:06 -0700
From:      Daniel Rudy <dr2867.business@pacbell.net>
To:        clement@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: ntop-3.1_1

Hello,

I ran into a few little problems getting ntop to run on my system.  It
seems that there are dependancies that are required to run, but they are
not listed in the dependencies list when you do a pkg_info -r ntop-3.1_1:

wildfire:/root 1166 ### ->pkg_info -r ntop-3.1_1
Information for ntop-3.1_1:

Depends on:
Dependency: png-1.2.8_1
Dependency: pkgconfig-0.15.0_1
Dependency: jpeg-6b_3
Dependency: gdbm-1.8.3_1
Dependency: freetype2-2.1.9
Dependency: gd-2.0.33_1,1

The additional depedencies that are not listed are:
gdome2-0.8.1_3
libiconv-1.9.2_1
libxml2-2.6.18

Also, it's looking for some file at /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg called
libglib-2.0.so.400.  At lease that's what ldd says.  Furthermore,
according to pkg_which, that file does not belong to any package.

Also, the following directories are not created, or are created with the
wrong permissions:

/var/run/ntop - not created, should be owner nobody
/var/db/ntop - should be owner nobody

My environment that this is running in:
FreeBSD wildfire.danielrudy.org 5.3-RELEASE-p6 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p6
#2: Wed Mar 30 06:30:41 PST 2005
root@strata:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/WILDFIRE  i386

Anyways, I hope that you will find this information useful when
correcting these issues.  Thanks.

--
Daniel Rudy