Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 1998 13:44:48 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Forward: A reminder of toxic -current

I know a lot of people on -questions use -CURRENT and don't subscribe
to the -current mailing list.  If you're one of them, the following
message is one of the best reasons I can think of for you to change
your mind.  In any case, be warned!

----- Forwarded message from "John S. Dyson" <dyson@freebsd.org> -----
> To: dyson@freebsd.org
> Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 22:07:57 -0500 (EST)
> Cc: dannyman@sasquatch.dannyland.org, dyson@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org

> John S. Dyson said:
>>
>> If -current works for you, I am still concerned.  I would be misleading you
>> and others if I stated otherwise!!!  I really do care about people getting
>> messed up filesystems!!!
>>
> Following up on my own posting:  Maybe I am not being strong enough in
> my suggestion:  Please do not use the -current kernel unless you know
> that the consequences will be that you will likely loose filesystem(s).
>
> Karl is trying to help with testing and advice, and unless you want to
> participate in trying to narrow down the problem, please don't use
> -current until we figure out what is going on.
>
> --
> John                  | Never try to teach a pig to sing,
> dyson@freebsd.org     | it just makes you look stupid,
> jdyson@nc.com         | and it irritates the pig.

----- End forwarded message -----

Greg