Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:42:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   StarOffice 52/MySQL/ODBC

Dear Sirs.

besides the big problems with the installation of StarOffice on some FreeBSD
boxes (on fresh installed systems the installation is no problem, in most
cases, but on our other systems it seems to be a big deal to come along with
this task. Sometimes the only help to get one step ahead is to use csh instead
of sh/ksh/bash, no matter why ...) I have several questions about how to deal
with MySQL servers.

On our Wintel/W2k boxes I installed StarOffice as well as on several new
FreeBSD boxes. Under Win2k I install the MyODBC driver from the MySQL port
and access is granted by the server. But how to do this with StarOffice on
FreeBSD? I has a register mark ODBC, but how to install and configure where
to find the correct ODBC driver? The first thing I did was to make a softlink
of libmyodbc.so to /usr/local/office52/program/ where all the other libraries
are located, but this was al ittle bit brain damaged, I think. I did not find
any help about ODBC driver installation in StarOffice's help although it reports
that SOffice52 has no ODBC driver, they have to come from the vendor of the
SQL database.

Hopr there is one out who has the trick in peto ... Thanks a lot.

Oliver

-
MfG
O. Hartmann