Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:03:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      Don <don@calis.blacksun.org>
To:        rittle@rsch.comm.mot.com
Cc:        talbotn@sportsmedicine.com.au, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG, dfr@nlsystems.com
Subject:   Re: 3.1 RELEASE

> > i need a stable version [of FreeBSD/alpha]. is there such a beast or
> > am i chasing my tail.
Well I have been running 4.0 on an older Alpha 233 and have not had any
problems with stability. It has only been a few weeks now but it is
serving as a name server and I routinely use it for other tasks.
Other than a small fiasco when I tried to install the 3.1-stable release
of the Alpha distribution (and the install disks needed to be told what
ftp server to use) the port has been generally very reliable.

-Don