Date:      Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:17:03 +0200
From:      Ingeborg Hellemo <Ingeborg.Hellemo@cc.uit.no>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@kuzbass.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /var with capacity -1%

eugen@kuzbass.ru said:
> > It is possible to have files that are open and held by processes on
> > the filesystem that are no longer listed. If you kill the offending
L > process the space will be freed up.

> "lsof +aL1 <file_system>" shows unlinked open files on the specified file
> system (quoting its man page).

If you read my first mail you will see that this is not a case of overfull
/var (101% used) and a need to free space. Something is wrong with either the
filesystem or df(1) since it claims that I am using a negative amount of
disk-blocks.

There are no unlinked open files on /var, and I fail to understand how they
could have explained the output of df(1)

--Ingeborg
--
Ingeborg Østrem Hellemo  --  ingeborg@cc.uit.no  (Univ. of Tromsø, Norway)