Date:      Tue, 25 May 2010 18:54:25 +0200
From:      Reinhard Haller <reinhard.haller@interactive-net.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipv6 network traffic monitoring -- searching a working probe software

Hi,

currently I'm monitoring the network traffic with ng_netflow and
nfdump/nfsen is used to collect, display and analyze the network traffic.

I'm reviewing the tools to monitor ipv6. ng_netflow doesn't support ipv6
(is there a schedule to implement the needed protocol version 9?).
I tried it with softflowd, seeing there is a constant offset of
4294959.134 in the duration and the nfsen filtering (in/out  if x)
doesn't work at all.
YAF flows aren't recognized by nfsen.

Any suggestions how to monitor ipv6 traffic?

Thanks
Reinhard