Date:      Sun, 12 Mar 2006 15:38:24 -0500
From:      Anish Mistry <mistry.7@osu.edu>
To:        Brian Reichert <reichert@numachi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sony DSC, but no da* device?

--nextPart1946233.jHdDRxaimk

On Sunday 12 March 2006 15:25, Brian Reichert wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 06, 2006 at 04:30:54PM -0500, Anish Mistry wrote:
> > On Saturday 04 March 2006 17:46, Brian Reichert wrote:
> > > Instead, I only see the umass0 entry, and if I unplug this USB
> > > device, my kernel panics.
> > >
> > >   Mar  4 17:28:42 chew kernel: ugen0: detached
> > >   Mar  4 17:34:39 chew kernel: umass0: Sony Sony DSC, rev
> > > 2.00/6.00, addr 2
> > >
> > > I'm running FreeBSD 6.0, and the device in question is a Sony
> > > DSC-T9 digital camera.
> >
> > My Sony DSC camera works fine on -CURRENT.  I believe the patches
> > have been merged back and will appear in 6.1.  There should be a
> > patch in the USB archives that will get you up an running on 6.0.
>
> Hmm.  I just today cvsup'ed kernel source for 6.1-PRERELEASE, and
> applied the patch referred to in usb/84608.  Also, as reported in
> a thread about this PR, only chunk #3 applied cleanly.
>
> The installation of the new kernel however does not yeild a change
> in symptoms.  I still only get a umass device, but no SCSI device.=20
> :/
Hmmm...I don't know anything else to try.  Before the umass worked=20
with my camera, I just put the camera in PTP mode and used gphoto2 on=20
the ugen device and that worked.  It wasn't as convenient as a mass=20
storage device.

> (But my kernel doesn't panic, so I guess that's progress.)
I used to get this too, I'd call it a big improvement not to panic. :)

=2D-=20
Anish Mistry