Date:      Fri, 06 Jul 2001 10:30:42 -0700
From:      David Johnson <djohnson@acuson.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

Jordan Hubbard wrote:

> o 4 "release ISOs" containing the usual base bits + packages.  No
>   Walnut Creek CDROM copyrighted material will be used, of course,
>   though I've been gradually pruning that off over the last few
>   releases anyway since it was largely all old and outdated DOS helper
>   cruft (like view.exe) and I rather doubt that anyone has even
>   noticed its absence.

Some people at least will notice. From a post by S. Lafredo to
-questions a mere one week ago...

"In handbook section 2.2.1.2 Before Installing from CDROM, there is a
reference to a install.bat and view.exe. I cannot find either of these
on the CD or the internet? Where do I obtain the install.bat and
view.exe file, so that I can put them on my MS-DOS boot floppy and
continue the installation?"

David