Date:      Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:54:18 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Ewald Jenisch <a@jenisch.at>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrades fail because of missing /usr/local/lib/liblzma.la

--------------enig16D1767AFE76E211BD490C6A

On 03/08/2011 11:00, Ewald Jenisch wrote:
> So here are my questions?
>=20
> o) Why doesn't the build process of ports recognize the xz-libraries
> in /usr/lib? (BTW, not even "make deinstall && make clean && make
> install" helps)

xz(1) and the associated libraries are now part of the base system in
stable/8 and above.

Actually it (the ports build process) does.  However, if you have a
version of liblzma.so installed from ports, autoconf will find that and
assume that's your preferred version to link against.

> o) What can I do to get ports recognize the correct location of the
> xz-libraries?

You should first get a list of all your installed ports that depend on
archivers/xz (pkg_info -Rx xz), then force delete the archivers/xz port
and then rebuild all the ports that linked against it.

Note that portupgrade(8) defaults to keeping a copy of the old
liblzma.so shlib in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg, and portmaster(8) will do
similarly if given the '-w' option:  this will allow un-rebuilt ports to
continue working during your upgrade, but shouldn't confuse the ports
build process.  Remember to delete the old shlib once you're done
rebuilding.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20