Date:      Tue, 7 May 96 15:23:28 CST
From:      casaubon@beleneserv.uctbel.udg.mx (Fer Casaubon)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Hello

	Hello, my name is Fernando Casaubon and I live in Mexico.
I've been trying to install the FreeBSD for a week or so, but I've
been having a lot of troubles to do it, so I had to mail you and
ask for help.
	I got some help frm a friend of mine. He told me how to get
the first steps to install the Operative System, but I'm really
stucked with something.
	I have a ethernet link and I'm netted (to internet) with
that ethernet card.
	My friend told me to get a file named boot.flp and another
one called rawrite.exe  I got those files into a floppy and I'm booting
the computer with that floppy. After I do that, I get the menu to install
the BSD and everything seems to be ok.
	Then I get the ftp option to install the BSD, but by the time
the computer gets to actually get the files by using the ftp, the computer
just can't find any address to do it. Not ftp.freebsd.org and not another one.
I did a ping to the address that it's supposed to be running on the
computer and there is no answer from it. So I guess that there is something
wrong at the time the boot.flp tries to GET those files.
	My friend told me to 'rawrite' the boot.flp file and that's the way
I did it... I have that floppy here and I've been trying to install the BSD
for a while (about 20 times) but I always get stucked at the same point.
	Thanks a lot for your help.
Yours sincerely,

					Fernando Casaubon