Date:      Thu, 4 May 1995 18:22:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Branson Matheson <branson@dvals1.larc.nasa.gov>
To:        steve@cioeserv.cioe.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: backup?

> What's the best mechanism for automating backups? I have a small LAN of
> FreeBSD systems and would like them all to backup automatically (prefer
> to the same device). Is selective backup a possiblity?
>
> Where is the list of compatible hardware? Specifically tape drives?

 I would use amanda to do your backups. I use it with a stacker but it works
 fine with regular tape drives. I use amanda at work on a sun/sgi/freebsd
 network to do over 80 gigs and at home to do just over two. there is a
 package for it on freebsd.org in the new packages area.

  -branson

--
MATHESON, E BRANSON                                 E.B.MATHESON@LaRC.NASA.GOV
    Mail Stop 931                                COMPUTER SCIENCES CORPORATION