Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 00:43:46 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@giovannelli.it>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: AHC0 fireworks ?

In message <199911252216.PAA00144@narnia.plutotech.com> "Justin T. Gibbs" writes:
: Parity errors indicate that data integrity is compromised on your SCSI
: cable.  Perhaps you bumped a connector, or a connector had been loose
: for a long time and has just shifted to the point of causing a failure.
: Open your case, reseat everything and see if the problem clears up.

I've also seen parity errors where the drive generated '0' for its
parity bit and needed a jumper setting changed.  I've had three tape
drives and one cd player do this to me over the years.

Warner