Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:26:10 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        leafy <leafy@leafy.idv.tw>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IntelliJ IDEA && Java Version ('1.4.1-p3_1' vs '1.4.1_01')

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 01:05:33PM +0800, leafy wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 12:57:32PM -0800, Andrew Houghton wrote:
> > identifies itself as version '1.4.1_01'.  It breaks because the native
> > JDK port currently identifies itself as '1.4.1-p3_1' (or something like
> > that).
> In this case, it don't run unless we use that specifc version from Sun (even Sun has bumped the 1.4.1 to 02 recently). It probably won't run on a IBM JDK.
> IMO this is a IntelliJ problem, not ours.

I can understand what they are doing though.  Basically they are saying
"we've tested it on this version and we know it works, we don't know it
works on any other version, so you need to get that one".  However, given
we're based off the SCSL source, setting our version as 1.4.1_01 or the
like would be incorrect.  So its not really their problem or ours, it
_is_ a problem for people using IntelliJ on FreeBSD though.  Maybe a local
patch that sets the version is the best solution for people with this
problem.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org