Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 1995 11:06:42 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        kelly@fsl.noaa.gov (Sean Kelly)
Cc:        babkin@hq.icb.chel.su, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DOOM for FreeBSD ?

> I believe the last time someone asked, the response from Id Software
> was ``NO, NEVER.''  In all-caps, even.

I think they're rather sick of being asked.. :-)

My own conversations with them have been rather more polite, but I do
understand that the circumstances that led to other ports being done
_at all_ were very unique ones and that they have no interest in doing
any additional "non strategic" ports.  Compared to their DOS/Jaguar/3DO
base, FreeBSD and Linux put together don't even register as a blip.

						Jordan