Date:      Tue, 17 Oct 2006 01:16:36 -0300
From:      Duane Whitty <duane@dwlabs.ca>
To:        Don@Network-Lynx.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: c-ares and IPv6

On Mon, Oct 16, 2006 at 08:31:53PM -0500, Don Wilde wrote:
> Hey, folks -
>
> I know you're all busy with release work, but can somebody point me to how
> to get things like gnupg to compile? curl says both c-ares  and IPv6 cannot
> coexist, but c-ares is not installed and I've built kernels both with and
> without IPv6 support. Whazzup? curl does not seem to be the only seminal
> package that's killing me, but I've tried deleting it, reinstalling it, etc
> etc etc

This sounds very familiar.  Did you try building
curl without IPv6 support. cd ftp/curl and do a
make rmconfig.  Then when you do the install make
sure neither c-ares nor IPv6 is selected from options.
Doing this I did get an install of curl completed, as
of Oct 14 or 15.  Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Duane Whitty