Date:      Tue, 28 Mar 2006 11:27:27 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: devfs on /my/jail/dev ...

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

On 2006.03.27 23:18:21 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>=20
> I'm missing something here ... I've looked in /etc/defaults/devfs.conf,=
=20
> and found that ruleset 4 is what I want for a jail ... so, I issue:
>=20
> devfs -m /vm/.t19/dev ruleset 4

I can't remember the details right now (other than it's easy to do it
wrong), but basically you need to both filter the existing device
entries and set a ruleset for new entries.

I would suggest simply looking at how the jail rc.d script sets up the
devfs and reading the entire devfs manual page a few times, or even
better simply use the jail rc.d script to set it up.

--=20
Simon L. Nielsen

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB

--tThc/1wpZn/ma/RB--