Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 13:03:59 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Subject:   Re: fhtovp: filestart miss

> The NFS file handle code in cd9660 hit again...  Perhaps nothing to
> worry much about.  It should have sent out a ``stale NFS file handle''
> to the client without even bothering to log this message.  Perhaps
> the authors didn't trust their own code, and hence decided to log
> these cases (just in case it might be a bug in cd9660).

They did not trust media change notification and they did not
implement media change detection.

For a drive which can not have media changed without notification,
the message should be logged.  For "clamshell" and similar drives,
where the media can be changed without door locks or notification,
the code should go into change autodetect when this happens, and,
potentially, the mount export should be invalidated.  Ideally, it
would only be the export: a media change should cause an automatic
unmount followed by an automatic mount of the new media.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.