Date:      Sat, 08 Jun 2013 02:07:34 +0930
From:      Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@ShaneWare.Biz>
To:        Rodrigo OSORIO <rodrigo@bebik.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jack midi and lmms

On 07/06/2013 19:33, Rodrigo OSORIO wrote:
> On 06/07/13 11:49, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

>> This sounds very interesting. You know there are many examples how you
>> can do the JACK MIDI interface part, like jack_umidi, jack_ghero,
>> jack-keyboard etc, in ports. I'm not an expert about the LMMS MIDI
>> subsystem, but would like to test any patches!

I used a mix of hydrogen and jack examples to get what I have so far.
I have had lmms running for several hours without issue (light use as I
start learning keyboard), as long as I don't use soundfont or zynaddsubfx

> As lmms port maintainer, even if I'm not a lmms "expert", I would be
> pleased to be in the loop
> and help you to test patches, and, final step, integrate them in the
> port itself.

I decided to push it to github https://github.com/sambler/lmms
branch is jackmidi it is based off stable-0.4 with freebsd ports
patches included.

If you can find any clue as to why soundfont or zynaddsubfx fails it
would be appreciated.

I chose to try sending each byte from the buffer through ParseData the
way it would be parsed from a midi device. As that works in 80% of lmms
I'm not sure that I would need to parse the jack data separately.