Date:      Thu, 09 Dec 2010 08:15:11 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Micka=EBl_Can=E9vet?= <canevet@embl.fr>
To:        jhell <jhell@DataIX.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org >> FreeBSD Filesystems" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Zfs and Disc quota exceeded on 8.1-RELEASE

--=-f1rHCIR2/jYAjr0HlrGL

On Wed, 2010-12-08 at 10:50 -0500, jhell wrote:
> On 12/08/2010 03:19, Micka=C3=ABl Can=C3=A9vet wrote:
> > Hello,
> >=20
> > When I exceed quota on a ZFS volume on FreeBSD-8.1-RELEASE, I can't
> > remove any file with rm. I know that there is a workaround by using
> > cat /dev/null in a file, but that's not really user friendly and can't
> > work when the volume is exported to Windows Clients via Samba.
> >=20
> > In tried with FreeBSD-8.1-STABLE-201011 and this bug seams to be solved=
.
> >=20
> > Is there a way to apply some patches on FreeBSD-8.1-RELEASE to fix this
> > issue ?
>=20
> I was not able to reproduce this on 8.2-PRERELEASE or later. Can you
> confirm ?
>=20
> Regards,
>=20

Hi,

Indeed, the bugs seams to be solved in 8.1-STABLE (and so 8.2-PRERELEASE
I think), but I'm not sure that I should use this one in production.

Is there a fix somewhere for the current "production ready" version of
FreeBSD, or should I use a PRERELEASE version of 8.2 ?

Thanks

--=-f1rHCIR2/jYAjr0HlrGL

--=-f1rHCIR2/jYAjr0HlrGL--