Date:      Fri, 17 Mar 2000 16:53:46 -0800
From:      Dan Piponi <dan@mvfx.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting a 505TX to work with FreeBSD 4.0 RELEASE

Has anyone had much success with one of these puppies?

The main things I'm concerned about are audio (the pcm device isn't
detected at boot), and the external Sony CDROM. I have the pccard.conf
file that used to work with the 'NinjaATA' CDROM pcmcia card  with
FreeBSD 3.4 and I tried to adapt it to work with 4.0 with no success.
(My pcmcia network card works fine so pccardd is otherwise doing
its job correctly.) Previously the CDROM used to map to wdc1 but
with ad1, acd0 or anything else I can think of it now fails. It
was tricky getting the APM to work too. I have to "boot -c, enable
apm" every time I boot. Anyone else had more success than me with
this particular beast? Could anyone send me their rc.conf, pccard.conf
and their kernel config?
--
Dan Piponi