Date:      Fri, 01 Dec 2000 13:08:12 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro: erase2 patch (was: 4.2-RELEASE ISO image for x86 updated.)

In message <3A24B642.34B50961@softweyr.com> Wes Peters writes:
: IMHO, this is one of the biggest arguments for using bash.  I get bitten
: all the time when I leave bash for another interactive program that no
: longer provides BS/DEL compatibility.  Fixing it everywhere is a good
: idea.

I see that this has already been committed.  I'm not going to argue
with that (I think it was a good idea), but there are other issues in
the tree.

The issue that I have is that there are many places in the tree where
the erase character is known and things are done based on it.  Will
all of those be updated to have the two aces?  There's a hack in hack
right now:

./games/hack/hack.tty.c:                if(c == erase_char || c == '\b') {

as well as other examples in the tree.

Talk also has a provision for transporting these characters over the
interface.  If both were allowed, some translation would also be
needed.

Warner