Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 2009 14:26:25 +0000
From:      David Southwell <david@vizion2000.net>
To:        Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: set up of hp laserjet 2200dn with  Jetdirect 610N on network

> David Southwell writes:
> >  I am trying to set up a freebsd 7.2 p3 system to be able to print
> >  from an hp laserjet 2200dn equipped with a built in 10/100
> >  jetdirect 610N. The printer is also used by a number of MS$
> >  systems on the same subnet as the server so I know the printer is
> >  working and configured to print both text and graphics and to use
> >  the double sided facility. I need to use similar facilities from
> >  the server.
>
> 	I recently used CUPS to connect to a LaserJet 6 series with a
> non HP (but supposedly HP-compatible) print server.  After some
> help, I entered "socket://<IP address>" in the appropriate field
> ... and everything Just Works.
>

> 				Robert Huff

Hi Robert
Seasons greetings

Thanks v. much.

With help from Olivier Nicole I was able to telnet to the printer 9100 and
text types got printed. My questions now are:

1. How do I manage to print single/double sided and determine the page
orientation for different jobs?
2. How do I print images/ PCl /postscript.

Olivier has a script which he will be sending me tomorrow but I do not know
whether that deals with those issues.

Warm regards

david