Date:      Fri, 31 May 2002 03:33:18 +0100
From:      "Robin Breathe" <robin@isometry.net>
To:        <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: find(1) - peculiar behaviour

I wrote:
> The problem is that `find -L . -type l -print` reports only the "dud"
> symlinks, but `find -L . -type l -delete` removes ALL symlinks...
which
> is clearly not the desired behaviour.

I've just realised this is mentioned under BUGS in man 1 find, so my
query changes to:  "anyone fancy fixing it and/or giving me some
pointers on how to fix it", or maybe suggest a better way for me to do
this?
"find -L . -type l -exec rm '{}' \;" strikes me as likely to be the
fastest alternative... though it's not very pretty ;)

- Robin