Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 1995 11:31:39 -0600 (MDT)
From:      evan@probita.com (Evan Polster)
To:        jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM (Jonathan M. Bresler)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bootmgr gives me only DOS option.

> On Wed, 19 Jul 1995, Evan Polster wrote:
>

> >   Hello,
> >
> >   Problem:
> >
> > 	My bootmgr only gives me one choice for OS's: DOS.
> >
> > 	I think the screen looks like:
> >
> > 		F1 dos
> >
> > 		    F?
>

> 	install the booteasy bootmanager on the FreeBSD disk as well.
>

> >   My current configuration:
> >
> >          IDE Disk 1:   primary DOS (bootable).
> > 	 SCSI Disk 2:  extended DOS partition.
> > 	 SCSI Disk 3:  freeBSD partition (bootable).
> >

> >   What I did:
> >
> > 	When installing I created a freebsd partition out
> > 	of the entire disk 3.
> >
> > 	After commiting I choose the Bootmgr option.
> >

> >   Question: Is there a simple way for me to tell the bootmgr
> > 	    about this second bootable drive?
> >

> >  TIA,
> >
> >  Evan Polster
> >  Probita Inc.
> >  evan@probita.com
> >

> Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
> FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
> play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
> ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346

 Jonathan,

   After "commiting" the install process a boot mgr selection screen
 is displayed. I choose the first option: BootMgr (booteasy). Shouldn't
 this install booteasy as you recommended?

   Isn't there a way to modify the bootmgr without going through the
 install? All I want to do is tell it to have a second option which
 is FreeBSD and tell it where to look for the FreeBSD boot area.

 TIA,

 Evan Polster
 Probita Inc.
 evan@probita.com