Date:      19 Jun 2001 09:05:41 EST
From:      Daniel Macedo Batista <danielbat@usa.net>
To:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Re: [Re: How configure classical ip - it almost worked]]

Bad news :-(

Before I had only tested if the machine was in network using ping,
then yesterday I decided to test sending/receiving a file with scp and
with the ftp and in both the machine left network thus that I finishes to=

send/receive the file, in the truth it nor finishes to send the file,
when it's in 100% the machine leaves the network. I tested with the
another version of ilmid but with it the machine nor entered in
network (returned core dumped). Some tip? =

[]'s
Daniel Macedo Batista
Bolsita projeto REMA-UFBA <www.rema.ufba.br>

Richard Hodges <rh@matriplex.com> wrote:
On 14 Jun 2001, Daniel Macedo Batista wrote:

>   Thank you by the help, the network is working !! The problem was
>   because the command :
> =

>   atm attach idt0 uni31
> =

>   needed a `sleep` before run the ifconfig , then , the script that is =

>   working is :
> =

>   /sbin/ilmid
>   /sbin/atm set netif idt0 it 1  =

>   /sbin/atm attach idt0 uni31
>   sleep 20
>   /sbin/ifconfig it0 192.168.202.12 netmask 255.255.255.0
>   /sbin/atm set arpserver it0 39.0011.....
> =

>   This delay in the `atm attach idt0 uni31` is normal ?

That is very unusual, from my experience...  Several of mine have:

  /sbin/atm set netif idt atm 4
  /sbin/atm attach idt0 uni31
  /sbin/ilmid
  ifconfig atm0 192.168.100.xxx

I have never had a need to use a delay.  Try moving your /sbin/ilmid
to just after the attach command and see if that helps...

What switch are you using?  Maybe ilmid is having trouble registering
the address.  If you are not using a Fore switch, you might want to
try a modified ilmid:
  http://www.hodges.org/rh/code/ilmid.c.gz

It's good to hear you have some success now :-)

-Richard